Import orthofoto to Civil 3D using 'mapiinsert'
- Download the orthomosaic from Sitemark Fuse
- Open Autocad Civil
- Type mapiinsert
- Choose the orthomosaic that you just downloaded
*Mapiinsert is limited to files of 500Mb
- Open Autodesk Civil 3D, in the upper left corner click to open the drop down list and select “Planning and Analysis”.
- On your left click on “Connect” on the home folder, this will open the Data Connections by Provider.
- Go to "Add Raster Image or Surface Connection", Give the connection a name, choose the .TIF file from your folder then click the "Connect" button.
- Click the "Add to Map" button to load the coordinates from the *.tif file.