The pre-processed data products allow you to upload your own orthomosaics and point clouds. You can use them to add different types of data to your existing sites (3D scanner, Lidar, Satellite) or to get access to the Sitemark platform to share, analyse and collaborate on your own processed drone data.
There are three products to choose from:
- Visual (RGB) Orthomosaic: allows you to upload a single visual orthomosaic. Can be used to upload self-processed visual inspection data or satellite data for example.
- Point Cloud: allows you to upload a single point cloud. Can be used to upload 3D scanner, Lidar or self-processed survey data.
- Point Cloud + Visual (RGB) Orthomosaic: allows you to upload a combination of a point cloud with a visual orthomosaic. Can be used to upload self-processed survey data with both 2D and 3D visuals.
We currently only support visual (RGB) orthomosaics. The file should be 3 or 4-band GeoTIFF. A single dataset allows files up to 20 Gigapixels. When going over that limit, multiple datasets will be consumed.
We support all kinds of point clouds, ranging from RGB to black-and-white point clouds like 3D scanner or Lidar. Only LAS files are supported at the moment. A single dataset allows up to 100 million points. When going over that limit, multiple datasets will be consumed.
To get an idea of how much data you would use, you can use the following rules of thumb:
- 1000 drone photos would generate a point cloud of around 8GB
Please note that this is quite heavily dependent on the processing settings.
- An RGB point cloud with 100 million points will be about 3GB
There are a lot of factors that can influence the size, so your 3GB point cloud might contain much less for example. We're working on a simple tool you can use to check the size of your datasets.