The Solar Inspection Pro and Essential data products are used to identify and locate maintenance issues and their potential causes on solar sites. Using a thermal and visual (RGB) view of each anomaly, you can determine exactly where and what the problems are on your site, and what is causing them.
What is the difference between the Pro and Essential version?
The Pro version is an orthomosaic based solution. This data product includes a full thermal and visual (RGB) orthomosaic of your site, allowing you to visualize every single solar panel. Some advantages over the Essential version include:
- No sun glare - all glare is automatically filtered out during processing
- Audit the detection quality - you have a visual of every single panel, even the ones that weren't detected by Sitemark as being problematic
- Assess the evolution of the health of each solar panel in time using our swipe compare feature
The Essential version is a photo based solution. This data product provides you only a thermal and visual (RGB) photo of each anomaly, without any orthomosaics. One requirement is that you will have to provide a panel level as-built of your full solar site. For more information on this as-built requirement, please check out this article.
Both versions include the same level of details of the data analytics regarding the anomalies. You can find more information about what kind of analytics are included in this article.
What data do I need to provide?
For the Pro version, check out this article for the data input requirements
For the Essential version, check out this article for the data input requirements
What do I get?
This data product outputs the following layers:
- Thermal orthomosaic - only in Solar Inspection Pro
- Visual orthomosaic - only in Solar Inspection Pro
- Geo-located solar anomalies - in Solar Inspection Pro and Essential
- Visual and thermal photos for each anomaly - in Solar Inspection Pro and Essential
Thermal orthomosaic of entire site
Visual orthomosaic of entire site
Geo-located solar anomalies
Visual and thermal photos for each anomaly
The Solar Inspection Pro is not compatible on water floating solar sites. Please use the Solar Inspection Essential version instead.